Teaching Dog Tricks, Six Levels of training AKC Tricks testing My Best Friend Obedience Older Puppy training in group and private sessions in Woodland Hills, West Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Chatsworth, North Hills, Northridge, Van Nuys, Porter Ranch, Canoga Park, Winnetka, Bell Canyon, Simi Valley, Agoura Hills, Topanga, Lake Balboa, Sunland, Sherman Oaks, Studio CIty, Bel Air, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, Ventura, Port Hueneme, Moorpark. Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Simi Valley, Santa Clarita, Castaic and Valencia
Tricks Classes (Levels 1-6)
6 Week Course - once a week for 1 hour - $139
If you have completed Beginning obedience you can start the “Tricks” track of classes! Find out which TRICKS your dog is good at! You must take these courses in order because they build on one another. They usually continue on the same day and time until the students decide to stop!
Tricks Level 1
This is a great intro level tricks class! Tricks taught in this class include:
- Paw, Wave
- Spin Left & Right
- Sit Up (Stick-em Up!)
- Play Dead (On Your Side)
- Sad Puppy (Head Down)
- Leg Weaves (Figure Eight)
- and a caught behavior.
Tricks Level 2
This class will be a continuation for those who took tricks 1. It includes but not limited to:
- Jump thru a hoop
- jump through arms
- ride a skateboard
- get a handkerchief when i sneeze
- turn off lights
- circle and around
- walking leg weave
- on your mark
- hide your eyes
- balance treat on your nose
- caught/captured behavior
- wipe your paws
- say your prayers
- wipe your paws
Tricks Level 3
Tricks taught in this class include:
- Backwards circle & around
- back feet on an object (foundation for handstand)
- roll in a blanket
- cross a paw
- go to mark (front feet on an object)
- rotations around object
- hold a toy with paws.
Tricks Level 4
If you have to ask what we teach, you haven't done 1,2, and 3 ;-) !
Tricks Levels 5 and 6
To Be Anounced
Groups are usually held weekly, same day/time/location for the duration of the course. Classes are listed below by START DATE.
Please click on the Red Class Name to register
If you do not see a class listed above please Contact Us for future class schedules
There are five AKC Trick Titles you and your dog can earn:
- AKC Novice Trick Dog (TKN)- Your dog performs 10 skills from the Novice list. (see link to “Application” below for lists of skills). If a dog has a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) certificate or title on record at AKC, it can do 5 Novice tricks (CGC + 5) to earn the Novice title. See the list of tricks here.
- AKC Intermediate Trick Dog (TKI) – Your dog must have the Novice title, plus perform 10 Intermediate tricks. See the list of tricks here.
- AKC Advanced Trick Dog (TKA) – Your dog must have the Intermediate title, plus perform 10 tricks from the Advanced list. See the list of tricks here.
- AKC Trick Dog Performer (TKP) – In this title, handlers perform a short routine with at least 10 tricks with at least 3 tricks using props. See the requirements here.
- AKC Trick Dog Elite Performer (TKE) – In the highest level of Trick Dog, the Elite Performers perform a routine that has a story/script. At least 5 props are used. See the requirements here.