Woodland Hills, West Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Chatsworth, North Hills, Northridge, Van Nuys, Porter Ranch, Canoga Park, Winnetka, Bell Canyon, Simi Valley, Agoura Hills, Topanga, Lake Balboa, Sunland, Sherman Oaks, Studio CIty, Bel Air, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, Ventura, Port Hueneme, Moorpark. Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Simi Valley, Santa Clarita, Castaic and Valencia
So, you want to be a dog trainer?
Step one, TAKE OUR CLASSES TO LEARN THE CURRICULUM!
Step two, books, videos and everything you can absorb about dogs and training people and dogs!
Step three, do ride along's and observe classes without your dog.
We offer internships for dog trainers with some experience and no experience. We work with ABC and help give their students our intern experience too. Expect the process to take YEARS! Dog training may seem easy when you train your dog, but sometimes that's because you got a good dog to begin with and you have a knack for it! Now imagine training another human to know what you know and help a dog that chews it's way out the front door due to separation issues from his owner! There is a lot to learn.
We have developed an excellent curriculum that will teach you every aspect of running a dog training business, from keeping the books and keeping the kennel, to training the owners and training the dogs! You must have a flexible schedule. We do most of our dog training evenings and weekends, the office and in-kennel training typically takes place during the day, during the week, when we aren't busy with clients. Call (818) 996-3647 (DOGS), talk to Karen Taylor, CPDT-KA and enroll today!
Learn to teach Groups and administer AKC CGC testing by assisting and taking notes.
- Train a dog through our program(s)!
- Intern (work with a trainer and learn hands-on-unpaid)
- Assistant (if you come to us with enough skills or have finished interning, but need to learn more before you are a "trainer")
- Co-teach with a qualified instructor (you come to us as a full trainer or are finished interning and assisting, but need to learn our curriculum)
- Teach groups on your own. Then you begin to train new interns.
- Ride along and intern with one of our trainers and help on private sessions.
We will recommend books to read and videos/dvds to watch and seminars to attend all along the way. for a jumpstart download the ccpdt.org study booklet!