K9 Nose Work®
Intro to Nosework
Introduction to K9 Nose Work® - Foundation Class
Instructor: Jill Marie O’Brien Co-Founder/creator National Association of Canine Scent Work® and the activity of K9 Nose Work®
Inspired by working detection dogs, K9 Nose Work is the fun search and scenting activity for virtually all dogs and people. This easy to learn activity and sport builds confidence and focus in many dogs, and provides a safe way to keep dogs fit and healthy through mental and physical exercise.
K9 Nose Work starts with getting your dog excited about using his nose to seek out a favorite toy or treat reward hidden in one of several boxes, expanding the game to entire rooms, exterior areas, and vehicles. As your dog grows more confident with his nose, target odors are introduced, and competition skills are taught.
Prepare for a lifetime of fun with your dog and K9 Nose Work!
Some of the many benefits of K9 Nose Work are:
- Dogs easily burn lots of mental & physical energy doing searches
- Searches can be done anywhere you can take your dog
- No prior training is required and no obedience is needed
- In classes, dogs work one at a time and rest crated or safely in a vehicle between searches so reactive dogs can enjoy the activity, too
- Shy or fearful dogs build confidence and overactive dogs put their energy into fun searches
- Stronger bond between dog & handler as handler learns to observe, understand, and rely upon his dog
For more details visit: http://www.k9nosework.com/about-us/what-k9-nose-work
Class start Date: Full-Wednesday 8/2 $179.00 for 6 weeks (once a week) at Pampered Pet Hotel and Spa in Woodland Hills (Desoto and Victory)
Next date will be in October
Scheduled class dates are as follow: 8/2, 8/9, 8/16, 8/23, 9/13, 9/20 (no classes 8/30 & 9/6)
Time: 7:30-8:45 PM
click here to pay for 6 week K9 Nosework class