Group Training Info & Dates
Dog and Puppy Training, Behavior Modification, Tricks, Rally, Rally FrEe, Agility Fun, Reactive Rover/Growly classes, Private and Group in Woodland Hills, West Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Chatsworth, North Hills, Northridge, Van Nuys, Porter Ranch, Canoga Park, Winnetka, Bell Canyon, Simi Valley, Agoura Hills, Topanga, Lake Balboa, Sunland, Sherman Oaks, Studio CIty, Bel Air, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, Ventura, Port Hueneme, Moorpark. Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Simi Valley, Santa Clarita, Castaic and Valencia
Group Courses Offered:
How this works and FAQs:
- If you have a puppy under 5 months that has at least 2 sets of vaccines, has no parasites, and is healthy, pick a puppy class, unless your pup has already been socialized with at least 25 people(all colors, ages, smells) and dogs (adult and pup, not just the ones you live with), and/or you don't need help with biting, nipping, chewing and potty training.
- You can always skip puppy class and start with beginner after your pup is at least 3.5 to 4 months and has 3 sets of shots. Sometimes financial reasons prevent both, or you have already completed the above on your own! This is super important if your pup left the litter too early.
- If your pup is over 5 months you could do the older puppy group for pups who have not been exposed to lots of people, dogs, and "life," and schedule a private session to deal with the pup issues above. OR just jump right into a beginner group!
- If you have a dog or pup that is friendly with others (dogs and people) and you haven't done a class yet but are past the puppy issues, pick beginner level, even if you have a little training already! You and your dog will need to learn how we train in general to do our classes and be able to keep up.
- If there is a socializing, training or behavior problem not listed in the class, you only need help in a specific area, or you just need to get up to speed on our techniques to participate in class, you should to up set a private session.
- Dogs in group class must not show any aggression toward dogs or people.
- All reactive/aggressive dogs must do private first unless referred to us by a known trainer who has recommended our classes as part of your ongoing training (potentially a Growly class).
- If you are sure your dog can join intermediate level or higher, even though you haven't taken our classes, you may register for the appropriate level, but you must understand how to train using an event marker and fade rewards. If you need to get that part first you may opt for a private session to fill in the 'holes'
Click on a box below for course details, pricing, schedules, or to register.
Beginner Level Courses and Events:
There are no longer free repeats of class, but if you are grandfathered in:
**FREEPEATS: Up until 12/31/16 our Beginner (and Intermediate up until 1/1/15) level was Freepeat for life! For the SAME OWNER and DOG, not transferable. To maintain the privilege, you must have 75% attendance, even If you are repeating the course. However, if YOU CALL OR EMAIL TO LET US KNOW, and you need to drop due to unforeseen circumstances, it is only half price to rejoin! (See Know the Rules in the yellow folder, it is also spelled out in the training contract and on our website). If you cannot make a class you can always do a private make up for a fee, or join another group running at the same time as yours…. Or you must forfeit the class you miss, sorry.